Upgrade your Legacy Control:
Whats the difference?
Wadsworth designs and builds two types of environmental controllers: staged and integrated. Staged controls react to temperature changes by activating groups of heating and
cooling equipment as the temperature rises or falls. Integrated controllers set parameters for each piece of equipment, allowing it to respond independently and with greater efficiency.
The EnviroSTEP integrates all facets of the greenhouse environment by managing temperature, humidity, light level, CO2 and watering.
Many customers switch from staged to integrated controls as they improve and refine the greenhouse climate.
The EnviroSTEP control transforms the way your greenhouse functions. With better intelligence, more sophisticated control options and powerful accessories like the Weather Station, Alarm Manager, Lightning Protector and STEPsaver software, it gives you the support you need to be successful. The best news of all – it’s simple to install and easy to use.
Benefits and Comparisons
- The EnviroSTEP has precise control, which allows a slow transition between temperature periods so no heat is wasted. This is known as ramping.
- The STEP 50A transitions between the day and night periods using a photocell. The result can be a rapid and costly shift from the day to night period as the control works to reach cooler night temperatures by dumping the heated air from the daytime period.Three separate temperature setpoint periods
- Day, Night and DIF setpoints offer three separate temperature periods.
- Why separate heating and cooling setpoints? The EnviroSTEP offers a variable interval whenneither cooling nor heating equipment is running. It’s possible to set extremes such as a heating setpoint at 45o, to prevent frost, and cooling at 75o, offering, in this example, an acceptable span for the crop, when no heating and cooling costs are incurred.
• The EnviroSTEP has a bright, easy-to-read screen with a home screen that displays current conditions. The STEP 50A has no screen.
• You can use STEP Saver software to review crop settings and track your greenhouse remotely. Increased Performance
- The STEP 50A operates heating and cooling equipment only.
- The EnviroSTEP operates virtually any greenhouse equipment and offers the option of usingadditional sensors like a weather station or soil temperature probes.
How do I switch the controls?
• The EnviroSTEP cabinet is identical in size to the STEP 50A, so they are easily exchanged. Generally, wiring remains in place. Simply disconnect the equipment wiring, trade out controls and reconnect. If the equipment being operated remains the same, the contactor panel will work with either control.
The EnviroSTEPs are easy to use and they have great longevity. The fact that the EnviroSTEP panels manage all the systems in each greenhouse has made controlling the climate easier. We are now able to achieve much tighter control in our greenhouses, which is very beneficial to our teaching and research programs. The great technical support makes using the system that much easier and gives me peace of mind.
- Single zone control can connect up to 100 zones
- New and improved back lit LED screen
- 4 analog outputs (0 to 10VDC) to control variable-speed fans and modulating valves
- 3 setpoint periods – day, night and DIF
- 12 relay outputs with manual override switches
- Ramping allows for gentle transition between setpoint periods and saves fuel
- 2 analog input channels for connecting light, CO2, RH and temperature sensors
- 4 digital detector channels sense precipitation, wind speed and wind direction
- Records the status of all inputs and outputs in 15-minute increments
- Alarm outputs: temperature, RH and power failure
- Replaceable 10 amp DPDT relays can operate a wide variety of equipment. These relays reduce the cost of your contactor panel
- Cabinet measures 16” x 16”x 5” (406 x 406 x 127 mm) Shipping weight 28 lbs / 13 kg
- Keypad for easy operation
- Add STEPsaver software for more powerful data storage, reporting and remote monitoring
- Solar-shielded outdoor temperature sensor with 25’ of cable
- Aspirated Precision solar-guarded temperature and humidity sensor plus 100′ of cable