Greenhouses benefit from curtain systems during winter and summer. In the winter curtain systems offer heat retention and reduce heating costs by up to 40%. In summer, the same system offers shade, keeping customers, plants and staff cooler providing for a better crop and happier shopping.
We installed both of our curtain systems ourselves, one 7-years ago, and one 3-years ago. Each is 120’ square coverage, and both are still taut. The clips are a good system. The curtains save on our heating bill and keep the heat lower to the ground, near the plants, where it should be.
- We are the only manufacturer to offer a complete system, including the drive unit and control box
- Your system is custom engineered
- Positive drive rack and pinion system means no cables to adjust
- Fabric glides between stationary stainless steel lines
- Steady, moderate pace of system allows you to regulate cold air spill
- Built-in safety limits protect your system
- Durable fabric resists UV, heat and chemicals
- Small bundle size ensures minimal shade when the system is open
- Fully sealed around perimeter when covered
- Flexible design allows for easy installation for new construction and retrofitting
- Highly durable and virtually maintenance free
- Provides heat retention in winter, cooling in summer
- Up to 40% in energy savings
- More uniform temperatures enhance temperature, humidity and light control
- Improves crop quality
- Reduces watering
- Cools 10º to 15º F
- Shading provides comfort for customers and staff
- Retains heat at night when 80% of heating occurs
- Reduces plant stress
“We have been working with Wadsworth and their control systems for a number of years, so when we decided to rebuild our greenhouses 3 years ago it was a no brainer on which company we wanted to use for our greenhouse controls system.
The VersiSTEP system has allowed us to become more automatized in both our growing operation as well as our retail operation. The multi-zone control system helps optimize the ideal growing climates for a wide variety of crops yielding a much better crop quality. The automated curtain and ventilation system have helped us retain heat in the winter months and keep our plants and customers cool in the summer months all while saving us in labor hours.
Wadsworth has designed a very user friendly system and with their knowledgeable staff we have been able to train several employees to operate the VersiSTEP with ease. We at Sam Bridge Nursery would gladly recommend working with Wadsworth and their systems.”
“We installed both of our curtain systems ourselves, one 7-years ago, and one 3-years ago. Each is 120’ square coverage, and both are still taut. The clips are a good system. The curtains save on our heating bill and keep the heat lower to the ground, near the plants, where it should be.”
“We were tempted by another curtain system. But we didn’t want to risk it. We have a long relationship with Wadsworth, and we knew we could trust them to deliver a great system. I’m happy we went with Wadsworth – they take care of us.”
“The mechanics of the Wadsworth push-pull system are excellent. I didn’t like the cables on their competitors’ curtains because they wore out and broke. Those cables are a real mess when they go and they’re hard to replace. I’ve ordered an additional two PowerPull systems because of their superior mechanics and durability.”
Maintaining the Climate for Growth
Knowledge and experience combined with a complete climate solution make Wadsworth Controls the first choice for greenhouse production.