CAREERS AT WADSWORTH
Wadsworth Control Systems is the originator of greenhouse automation in North America. The creative and dedicated team at Wadsworth is a key element to the company’s success and growth. We are seeking people to join us at our Arvada, Colorado location.
Wadsworth Control Systems, originators of greenhouse automation in North
America, is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a talented team of electrical
and mechanical engineers at busy greenhouse and indoor grow automation
company. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is based at our
Arvada, Colorado manufacturing plant. Not a remote job position.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Strong project management skills
- Electro-mechanical controller experience
- Management experience of a multi-discipline group of engineers
- Lead engineering team made up of electrical engineers, mechanical
engineers, and designers.
- Provide oversite and direction on the engineering production process.
- Ensure the technical accuracy of engineering drawings, BOMs, product
manuals, and other documentation of team members.
- Hire, train, develop, and mentor engineers and designers.
- Manage and implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Manage engineered projects to improve performance, improve quality, and
- Update and document processes for the engineering team.
- Use ERP system and pivot tables to access and analyze data, solve problems,
and monitor performance measures.
- Hold team members accountable to commitments and behavioral values.
- Foster teamwork and create an environment of collaboration, openness, and
- Ensure alignment of engineering team with organizational strategy.
- Work closely with the Production Managers to maintain project flow and on
time delivery to the customer.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to ensure project estimates are accurate
and on time.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements including UL and National Electrical
- Support the improvement of manufacturing processes and the
implementation of Lean.
- AutoCAD LT and SolidWorks software experience preferred.
- Understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and UL508A is required.
- Expert user of Excel. Strongly prefer experience with pivot tables.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Outlook required.
- Occasional local and domestic travel may be required.
- Strong organizational skills, discipline, and a systems perspective required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a structured product development process, such as Stage-Gate,
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k matching (4%)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 15 days PTO and 9 paid holidays
- Costco membership
Interested in the position? Please send us a message and attach your resume below.