CAREERS AT WADSWORTH
Ready to grow? If you’re looking for meaningful work in the world of food, flowers, education, medicine, and recreation, join us at Wadsworth!
Engineering Team Lead
Wadsworth Control Systems, originators of greenhouse automation in North
America, is seeking an Engineering Team Lead to work with and guide a talented
team of electrical and mechanical engineers at our busy greenhouse and indoor
grow automation company. The Engineering Team Lead reports to the Operations
Manager and is based at our Arvada, Colorado manufacturing plant. Not a remote
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Strong project management skills
- Electro-mechanical controller experience
- Lead experience of a multi-discipline group of engineers
- Lead engineering team made up of electrical engineers, mechanical
engineers, and designers.
- Provide oversight and direction on the engineering production process.
- Ensure the technical accuracy of engineering drawings, BOMs, product
manuals, and other documentation of team members.
- In conjunction with programming team, support software product testing
- Train, develop, and mentor engineers and designers.
- Implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Oversee engineered projects to improve performance, improve quality, and
- Update and document processes for the engineering team.
- Use ERP system (Acumatica) and pivot tables to access and analyze data,
solve problems, and monitor performance measures.
- Hold team members accountable to commitments and behavioral values.
- Foster teamwork and create an environment of collaboration, openness, and
- Ensure alignment of engineering team with organizational strategy.
- Work closely with the other leads to maintain project flow and on time
delivery to the customer.
- Work closely with the Sales Team to ensure project estimates are accurate
and on time.
- Support the improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to create and provide final review of electrical schematics in AutoCAD LT.
- Understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and UL508A.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Occasional local and domestic travel.
- Strong organizational skills, discipline, and a systems perspective.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with a structured product development process is preferred.
- SolidWorks software experience a plus.
- Experience with the ERP Acumatica is a plus.
- Experience supporting electricians & technicians a plus
- Experience using PLC controls a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- • As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Wadsworth Control Systems provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $82,100 – $87,700
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k matching (4%)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 15 days PTO and 9 paid holidays
- Additional Public Health Emergency sick pay
- Costco membership
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Interested in the position? Please send us a message and attach your resume below.
Ours is an exciting industry with a bright and vital future. We help crops grow more efficiently, and support busy cultivators, researchers, and teachers to create the best climate for their needs.
Joining us means working in a dynamic environment that includes a 360º view of greenhouse automation manufacturing. You’ll find leadership, engineering, production, shipping, and customer technical support all under one roof.
We are a sixty-nine-year-old company owned by a family that understands the value and humanity of those who work alongside us. As the originators of greenhouse automation in North America, we are rooted in innovation and addressing the needs of our customers. Every person at Wadsworth shares this spirit of support and creativity.
Our interview process includes conversations with team members who share a view of day-to-day work and their experience at Wadsworth. We want to make certain Wadsworth is the right place for you, as well as you being right for Wadsworth. Candidates who have the experience needed advance to the first step of our interview process, a phone conversation with one of the company owners. This says volumes about the value we place on those who work at Wadsworth and provides an opportunity for you to gain a real understanding of the history, products, and people of Wadsworth.
If you join us, we provide a roadmap of goals and pay increases that guarantees continuous learning and advancement. Whenever opportunities arise, we look first within our company to promote, providing a career path within Wadsworth.
We offer exceptional benefits, including excellent health insurance (including dental and vision), generous Paid Time Off, 401k matching, short and long-term disability, and a membership to Costco.
The company is committed to equal opportunity employment and non-discrimination. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, transfer, corrective action, termination, and compensation, will be made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital or veteran status, legally protected medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.