CAREERS AT WADSWORTH
Ready to grow? If you’re looking for meaningful work in the world of food, flowers, education, medicine, and recreation, join us at Wadsworth!
Wadsworth Control Systems is the original designer and builder greenhouse automation equipment in North America. We are a small, family-owned business seeking a Technical Support person to support our various control options from the sale through post installation grower support.
This is an in-office position.
Main Position responsibilities:
- Support customers over the phone and e-mail
- Record and track support issues
- Assist with testing controls prior to shipment
- Share after-hours emergency support phone with other tech-support staff
- Inspect and repair returned products
- Intermediate electrical knowledge and ability to interpret electrical schematics
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems and ability to interpret mechanical schematics
- Experience reading technical documentation
- Professional phone and e-mail communication
- A calm demeanor
- Detailed record-keeping and note-taking abilities including typing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to use and instruct others in the use of a digital multi-meter
- Ability to create, follow, and improve procedures
- Work with hand tools and wire products
- Computer skills (MS Office, TeamViewer, help desk software)
- Problem solving skills and logical thinking
- Ability to stay focused and manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to differentiate between colors in order to wire and troubleshoot equipment
- Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or similar
- Experience with computer ticketing and support systems
- Networking and IT knowledge
- Construction/Trades experience
- Experience with automated controls
- Experience with ERP software
Compensation and Benefits:
- As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Wadsworth Control Systems provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $45,760 – $56,160
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k matching (4%)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 15 days PTO and 9 paid holidays
- Costco membership
Ours is an exciting industry with a bright and vital future. We help crops grow more efficiently, and support busy cultivators, researchers, and teachers to create the best climate for their needs.
Joining us means working in a dynamic environment that includes a 360º view of greenhouse automation manufacturing. You’ll find leadership, engineering, production, shipping, and customer technical support all under one roof.
We are a sixty-nine-year-old company owned by a family that understands the value and humanity of those who work alongside us. As the originators of greenhouse automation in North America, we are rooted in innovation and addressing the needs of our customers. Every person at Wadsworth shares this spirit of support and creativity.
Our interview process includes conversations with team members who share a view of day-to-day work and their experience at Wadsworth. We want to make certain Wadsworth is the right place for you, as well as you being right for Wadsworth. Candidates who have the experience needed advance to the first step of our interview process, a phone conversation with one of the company owners. This says volumes about the value we place on those who work at Wadsworth and provides an opportunity for you to gain a real understanding of the history, products, and people of Wadsworth.
If you join us, we provide a roadmap of goals and pay increases that guarantees continuous learning and advancement. Whenever opportunities arise, we look first within our company to promote, providing a career path within Wadsworth.
We offer exceptional benefits, including excellent health insurance (including dental and vision), generous Paid Time Off, 401k matching, short and long-term disability, and a membership to Costco.
The company is committed to equal opportunity employment and non-discrimination. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, transfer, corrective action, termination, and compensation, will be made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital or veteran status, legally protected medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.